Wednesday, January 13, 2010

When my eyes met hers....

The love bug bit me again. I had no idea that its venom would be so potent. Today, I sat and recall the first day I set my eyes on her beautiful face.

It was first day on my new job. So imagine my anxiousness when I first step foot into the building on that Monday morning. All of the new staffs are suppose to undergo a 1 week training. I stumbled on my way into the room and there she was as though there was some kind of light shining from above her while she grab a seat on the front row. It was wonderful. I wanted to approach her but then backed away, having not decided what was I going to say. I was waiting for an opportunity. The training started with mostly speeches and then came the moment - the opportunity. All of us are required to greet 5 strangers in the room. This is it. I steadied my hands, looked around to make sure nobody had seen my eyes go all kinds of crazy when I am thinking, and went back to admiring her movements. So eventually, after reassuring myself that I would not, in fact, do something dorky, I made my way towards her. I wipe off my sweaty palms on the corner pocket of my working pants and reach it out. She shook it. And theres the first time our eyes actually met. And it was one of the best moments of my life.

Four months has passed, yet she still holds a special place in my heart. But like all other things in life, I fear the worst. She has a boyfriend. I have no choice but to draw the line. I have to stay away from her. Thats the only way to keep my heart in control. I would'nt want to hurt myself again... I wouldn't want her to hate me. Plus I have a girlfriend as well..

No comments:

Post a Comment